Note: No appointment is needed to process your Report of Birth at the Embassy. Kindly note that processing hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Mondays to Fridays except holidays.
Births of Filipino citizens abroad must be reported and duly registered. The Philippine Embassy registers births of Filipino citizens in Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, and Sweden.
- Duly accomplished Report of Birth Form - bring four (4) signed originals (Note: The form is now fillable. You may enter information as needed and then print out the form with the entries typed-in. Although you can save the blank form, the content cannot be saved if you are using Adobe Acrobat Reader. You need to print out the form after filling it in.)
- Foreign birth certificate of the applicant, bearing both parents’ names, authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country of birth - bring one (1) original and four (4) photocopies; original will be returned to applicant (NOTE: If the document is not in English, kindly have the document translated into English and have the translation notarized, before having it authenticated.)
- Data page of passports of parents - bring four (4) photocopies
- Parents' Marriage Certificate (MC) in Security Paper (SECPA) issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) or Report of Marriage - bring four (4) photocopies
- Affidavit of Delayed Registration of Birth if the Report of Birth is filed more than one (1) year after applicant's birth date - bring one (1) signed original and three (3) photocopies
- Affidavit to Use the Surname of the Father if parents are not married and the parents would like the applicant to bear the father's surname (if not filed, the applicant will automatically bear the surname of the mother) - bring one (1) signed original and three (3) photocopies
- Affidavit of Admission of Paternity if parents are not married and the parents would like the applicant to bear the father's surname (if not filed, the applicant will automatically bear the surname of the mother) - bring one (1) signed original and three (3) photocopies
- Payment of Fees (Note: Fees for affidavits are separate from the fee for Report of Birth.)
If applying by post, please send your documents and self-addressed envelope to the Embassy's mailing address:
The Philippine Embassy
P.O. Box 322 SENTRUM
Kindly enclose your contact details, such as your mobile number and/or email address, so that the Embassy can contact you for any updates or missing requirements.
The Embassy will forward the Report of Birth to the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) in the Philippines. Another copy will be kept as part of the Embassy’s records and the a copy will be given to the applicant. You may retrieve the PSA-certified Report of Birth from the Philippines three (3) to six (6) months after reporting the birth at the Embassy.
Important Instructions in Filling Out the Report of Birth Form
- Please leave the Date of Registration and Registry Number fields blank. The Embassy will fill out this part.
- For all fields requiring dates, please use the dd-MMM-yyyy format (e.g. 23-FEB-2012, 1-NOV-1984).
- Please do not forget to affix by hand the signature in the field provided for Signature of Informant, which should be one of the Filipino parents, and the date and place of signature at the bottom of the form.
- If filling out the form by hand, please write legibly and please use BLOCK CAPITAL letters.