Note: No appointment is needed to process your Report of Marriage at the Embassy. Kindly note that processing hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Mondays to Fridays except holidays.
Marriages abroad of Filipino citizens must be reported and duly registered. The Philippine Embassy registers marriages of Filipino citizens celebrated in Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, and Sweden.
- Duly accomplished Report of Marriage Form - bring four (4) signed originals (Note: The form is now fillable. You may enter information as needed and then print out the form with the entries typed-in. Although you can save the blank form, the content cannot be saved if you are using Adobe Acrobat Reader. You need to print out the form after filling it in.)
- Foreign marriage certificate of the applicants, authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country of marriage - bring one (1) original and four (4) photocopies; original will be returned to applicants (NOTE: If the document is not in English, kindly have the document translated into English and have the translation notarized, before having it authenticated.)
- Data page of passports of both parties - bring four (4) photocopies
- Birth certificates of both parties - bring four (4) photocopies
- Affidavit of Delayed Registration of Marriage if the Report of Marriage is filed more than one (1) year after applicants' date of marriage - bring one (1) signed original and three (4) photocopies
- For divorced or annulled Filipino spouse, copy of Marriage Certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) with proper annotation - bring four (4) photocopies
- For divorced Filipino spouse who has no marriage record in the PSA, Divorce Decree/Certificate validated by the Regional Trial Court nearest the spouse’s place of residence in the Philippines - bring four (4) photocopies
- For widowed Filipino spouse, Death Certificate issued by PSA or the foreign death certificate of previous spouse - bring four (4) photocopies
- For divorced foreign spouse, foreign divorce decree, with English translation if not in English - bring four (4) photocopies
- For widowed foreign spouse, death certificate of previous spouse, with English translation if not in English - bring four (4) photocopies
- Payment of Fees (Note: Fees for affidavits are separate from the fee for Report of Marriage.)
If applying by post, please send your documents and self-addressed envelope to the Embassy's mailing address:
The Philippine Embassy
P.O. Box 322 SENTRUM
Kindly enclose your contact details, such as your mobile number and/or email address, so that the Embassy can contact you for any updates or missing requirements.
The Embassy will forward one copy of the Report of Marriage to the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) in the Philippines. Another copy will be kept as part of the Embassy’s records and a third copy will be given to the applicant. You may retrieve your PSA-certified Report of Marriage three (3) to six (6) months after reporting the marriage at the Embassy.
Important Instructions in Filling Out the Report of Marriage Form
- For the field of Wife’s Last Name, please write the wife’s maiden Last Name (or her Last Name before the marriage)
- Please leave the Date of Registration and Registry Number fields blank. The Embassy will fill out this part.
- For all fields requiring dates, please use the dd-MMM-yyyy format (e.g. 23-FEB-2012, 1-NOV-1984).
- Please do not forget to affix by hand the signatures in the fields provided for Signature of Informants - Husband and Wife and the date and place of signature at the bottom of the form.
- If filling out the form by hand, please write legibly and please use BLOCK CAPITAL letters.