Births of Filipino citizens abroad must be reported and duly registered. The Philippine Embassy registers births of Filipino citizens in Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Iceland.
Below are the requirements for Report of Birth:
1. Four (4) copies of the duly accomplished Report of Birth Form. Complete all the entries to avoid unnecessary delay.
Note: The Embassy’s Report of Birth Form is now fillable. You may enter information as needed and then print out the form with the entries typed-in. Please note that, although you can save the blank form, the content cannot be saved if you are using Adobe Acrobat Reader. You need to print out the form after filling it in.
2. One (1) original and three (3) extra photocopies of the child’s birth certificate bearing both parents’ names and authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country of birth. If the document is not in English, please submit an English translation of the birth certificate, notarized and authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country of birth.
3. Four (4) photocopies of the data page of passports of parent/s.
4. Four (4) photocopies of the parent's marriage certificate or Report of Marriage.
5. Payment of Report of Birth Fee of NOK 225 (cash payment for walk-in applicants or direct bank deposit for mailed-in applications only). For Reports of Birth filed by mail, please add a postage fee of NOK 225 for Norway or NOK 270 for Denmark, Sweden, Finland or Iceland to cover the cost of mailing the processed Report of Birth back to the applicant.
The Embassy will forward the Report of Birth to the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) in the Philippines. You may retrieve the PSA-certified Report of Birth from the Philippines three months after reporting the birth at the Embassy.