The Embassy informs all concerned that, according to the Embassy of Sweden in Manila, the following are the new migration procedures for applicants from the Philippines to the Kingdom of Sweden beginning 01 September 2018:
- The Embassy of Sweden in Bangkok will be the responsible authority for all applications for:
- Residence and Work Permit on the basis of Relationship
- Residence Permit for Visit
- Work Permit
- Study Permit
- Au Pair
- Interviews, submission of application forms, and biometric capturing will all be conducted at the Embassy of Sweden in Bangkok. As such, the Embassy of Sweden in Bangkok will equally provide a certificate of appointment to all applicants.
- Applicants granted a Residence Permit, Work Permit, Study Permit, or Au Pair to Sweden will then be issued a biometric card to be used to enter Sweden. Henceforth, all Filipinos will have to fly back to Thailand a second time to secure their resident permit cards beginning 26 July 2018.
- Once an applicant is granted a permit to live, work, or study in Sweden, he or she will be informed to attend the compulsory seminars conducted by the Philippine authorities such as the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) and Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA).
Please be guided accordingly.