IMPORTANT: The Embassy is extending consular services by appointment only, until further notice. Walk-in applicants will not be entertained. Please click on our latest advisory here for more information on how to secure an appointment before visiting the Embassy.
Pursuant to POEA Memorandum Circular 08-2019, the Embassy acknowledges direct-hire employment contracts of overseas Filipino workers bound for employment in Norway and Iceland. An employment contract acknowledged by the Embassy is required in order to be issued an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) by the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA).
As a general rule, direct hiring of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) is NOT allowed, except in special circumstances. The hiring of OFWs should generally be done through a Philippine recruitment agency accredited by the POEA. Please refer to the relevant guidelines here.
All documents not in English must be accompanied by an English translation.
- Personal appearance of the signatories (employer and/or employee) of the employment contract
- Employment contract - two (2) unsigned copies; the contract must also comply with the minimum standards set by the POEA for overseas Filipino direct hires; please click here for more details
- Passports of signatories - original and two (2) photocopies of each passport's data page (page showing photo and complete name) and page with signature
- Payment of fees (to be paid by applicant at the Embassy, in cash, Norwegian kroner only)
- Acknowledgement of employment contract - NOK 225
- Expedite fee for same-day processing (only for those submitting requirements in person at the Embassy) - NOK 90
- Self-addressed, self-stamped envelope from Posten Norway or printout of airway bill from courier (if choosing to have the acknowledged contract mailed when ready; for recommended envelopes and sizes from Posten Norway, please click here)
The applicant will sign the document in the presence of a Philippine consular officer, who makes an acknowledgement of it (please note that the Philippine Embassy requires that documents not in English be translated into English at all times)
Processing time for all contracts is three (3) working days upon receipt of complete documents and payment.
Presentation of the official receipt issued by the Embassy is required if claiming your processed employment contract in person at the Embassy.
For more information, please refer to the following guidelines issued by the POEA on the above subject