IMPORTANT: All consular services at the Embassy are suspended until 13 April 2020 due to emergency measures in Norway to address the COVID-19 pandemic. Please refer to our advisory: https://www.philembassy.no/newsroom/covid-19-public-advisory-no-16-suspension-of-all-consular-services-at-the-embassy-until-13
No appointment is needed to have au pair contracts processed at the Embassy. Kindly note that processing hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Mondays to Fridays except holidays.
IMPORTANT: The replacement of the authentication system with Apostille does NOT apply to Norwegian au pair contracts. The process applied to such contracts by the Embassy is attestation, not authentication. Therefore, such contracts will still need to be processed by the Philippine Embassy, and should NOT be Apostillized.
Below are the guidelines for Au Pairs Bound for Norway, effective 01 April 2019.
Definition of Terms
- Au Pair – The term used to describe a young Filipino citizen, between 18 and 30 years of age, unmarried and without any children, placed under a cultural exchange arrangements with a Norwegian host family for a maximum stay of two (2) years permitted by Norway’s immigration authorities.
- Au Pair scheme – Under this scheme, the au pair is placed in immersion program in cultural and language learning in Norway. He/She shall live with the host family at par (au pair) or on an equal basis with the immediate members of the host family, shall be given pocket money, share in child care, light household chores and responsibilities previously agreed upon in an au pair placement contract between the au pair and host family. As of 01 April 2019, per the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI), the following are the amounts for the language learning tuition and pocket money:
Tuition for Language Learning: NOK 8,850 per year
Pocket Money: NOK 5,900 per month
- Host Family – shall refer to the family that the au pair will be living with for the duration of the au pair placement. The UDI does not allow the au pair to work for other employers or other families.
Documents Required Before Leaving the Philippines
- Original Course Certificate awarded by the UDI to the host parents of the au pair - original and one (1) photocopy. The host parent earns this Course certificate form the E-learning course mandated by the UDI. See the UDI link here: https://www.udi.no/en/word-definitions/e-learning-course-for-host-parents-in-au-pair-cases/. The UDI has mandated the validity for 18 months from the date the Certificate is awarded. In addition, an au pair permit has a maximum stay of 24 months
- Original Norway UDI Standard Contract, filled out and signed by host family - original and one (1) photocopy. Include two (2) photocopies each of the passports of the parties involved in the au pair placement – host father, host mother, and au pair.
- In Item No. 20 of the UDI contract, the host family needs to write the following information and then affix their signatures in order to confirm it: “The host family will pay all travel related expenses for the au pair to come to Norway. The au pair is not required to repay these expenses.”
- In Item No. 10 of the UDI contract, the host family must use the English Language to describe tasks and working hours. Task descriptions must be detailed (not general) and must involve light housework and childcare only. For a list of allowable tasks, please refer to the following link: https://caritas.no/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Brochure-for-host-families-English-low-resolution.pdf
Bring the documents described in #1 and #2 above to the Philippine Embassy in Oslo. The format is checked for correctness and use of the English language and then ATTESTED by the embassy. The host family sends the ATTESTED document to the au pair in the Philippines.
After the au pair receives the attested documents from the host family in Norway, the au pair brings the ATTESTED documents to the Norwegian Embassy in Makati to apply for the au pair visa. After the au pair visa is granted, the au pair brings the attested document, her passport and visa to the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) to attend a Country Familiarization Seminar (CFS). Proof of attendance is indicated by the CFS sticker issued by the CFO and affixed to the au pair's passport
If applying by post, please send the documents (original signed au pair contract, e-learning certificate, and copies of the passports of the host family and au pair) and self-addressed envelope to the Embassy's mailing address: P.O. Box 1758 VIKA, N-0122 Oslo, Norway.
Processing time for all contracts is three (3) working days upon receipt of complete documents and payment.
Fee for attestation of au pair contracts: NOK 225 plus NOK 275 for postage if contract is to be mailed back to applicant within Norway. If paying by bank transfer, please refer to the following link for payment of fees.
Presentation of the official receipt issued by the Embassy is required if claiming your document in person at the Embassy.
Requirements for Attestation of Swedish and Icelandic Au Pair Contracts
- Au Pair Contract notarized and Apostillized by the appropriate authority in Sweden or Iceland (the contract will still need to be attested by the Embassy) - original and one (1) photocopy
- Approved work permit or visa - two (2) photocopies
- Photocopies of the data pages of valid passports of host parents and the au pair - two (2) photocopies each
- Payment: NOK 225 for attestation plus NOK 325 for postage if contract is to be mailed back to applicant in Sweden or Iceland. If paying by bank transfer, please refer to the following link for payment of fees.
Note: Au Pair Contract and the approved work permit are bound together.
If applying by post, please send the above documents and self-addressed envelope to the Embassy's mailing address: P.O. Box 1758 VIKA, N-0122 Oslo, Norway.
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION (Please do NOT send any document for attestation to the offices below.)
Caritas Norway's Au Pair Center
Address: Storgata 38, Oslo (entrance from Hausmannsgate)
Office Hours: Monday-Thursday, 10:00 -16:00 ; Thursday 17:00-20:00
Norwegian Embassy in Manila
Norwegian Immigration Directorate
Commission on Filipinos Overseas Information on CFS
As of 1 March 2012, CFS for Europe bound Au Pair is conducted only In Manila at:
Citigold Center, 1345 Pres. Quirino Avenue
corner Osmeña Highway (South Superhighway)
Manila, Philippines 1007
Tel. No.: (02) 552-4700
Fax No.: (02) 561-8332
E-mail: email@example.com (link sends e-mail)
Website: www.cfo.gov.ph (link is external)
For CFO's Guidelines on the Country Familiarization Seminar
For Country Familiarization Flyer