Solemnization of Marriage Overseas

Our consular official is authorized by the Philippine Government to solemnize marriages provided

  • these shall be between two Filipino citizens, one male and one female, and
  • these take place within the premises of the Philippine Embassy.

Following are the requirements for Filipinos intending to marry overseas. No application for the solemnization of marriage shall be accepted unless the following requirements are submitted and procedures are followed.

  1. Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage for each of the contracting parties. Please see list of requirements.
  2. Duly-accomplished application for marriage license. The form may be obtained from the Consular Section of the Philippine Embassy.

The application for a marriage license or the marriage banns shall be posted/published for ten (10) consecutive days before the marriage license is issued.

Should one or both of the contracting parties be 25 years or below, the marriage license shall be issued after three (3) months from the completion of the ten (10) day publication of the application, unless the contracting parties obtain a certificate from a marriage counselor duly accredited by the proper Government agency in the Philippines to the effect that the contracting parties have undergone marriage counseling. The certificate must be notarized and authenticated by the Office of the President and the Department of Foreign Affairs in Manila.

A marriage license shall be valid for a period of one hundred and twenty (120) days from the date of issue.

Please refer to the page Schedule of Fees to see the latest and updated prices for solemnization of marriage overseas.