Note: No appointment is needed to process your Report of Marriage at the Embassy. Kindly note that processing hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Mondays to Fridays except holidays.
Marriages abroad of Filipino citizens must be reported and duly registered. The Philippine Embassy registers marriages of Filipino citizens celebrated in Norway and Iceland.
If applying in person, an applicant may file a Report of Marriage and apply for passport renewal with change of surname to married name on the same day. Please refer to the requirements for passport renewal here.
All documents not in English must be accompanied by an English translation.
- Duly accomplished Report of Marriage Form - four (4) signed originals (Note: The form is now fillable. You may enter information as needed and then print out the form with the entries typed-in. Although you can save the blank form, the content cannot be saved if you are using Adobe Acrobat Reader. You need to print out the form after filling it in.) (If filing the Report of Marriage at a Philippine Honorary Consulate (and not at the Embassy), please have field no. 20 signed first by a notarius publicus.)
- Foreign marriage certificate of the applicants, Apostillized by a competent authority in the country of marriage - one (1) original and four (4) photocopies; original will be returned to applicants (Note: If the document is not in English, kindly have the document translated into English and have the translation notarized, before having it Apostillized.) The following authorities issue Apostilles:
- Norway - County Governor/Fylkesmannen: https://www.fylkesmannen.no/en/People-and-society/Apostille-stamps-for-documents/
- Iceland - Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Iceland: https://www.government.is/ministries/ministry-for-foreign-affairs/
- Passports of spouses - original and four (4) photocopies of each passport's data page (page showing photo and complete name)
- Birth certificates of spouses - original and four (4) photocopies
- Affidavit of Delayed Registration of Marriage if the Report of Marriage is filed more than one (1) year after applicants' date of marriage - four (4) signed originals
- For divorced or annulled Filipino spouse, Marriage Certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) with proper annotation - original and four (4) photocopies
- For divorced Filipino spouse who has no marriage record in the PSA, Divorce Decree/Certificate validated by the Regional Trial Court nearest the spouse’s place of residence in the Philippines - original and four (4) photocopies
- For widowed Filipino spouse, Death Certificate issued by PSA or the foreign death certificate of previous spouse - original and four (4) photocopies
- For divorced foreign spouse, foreign divorce decree - original and four (4) photocopies
- For widowed foreign spouse, death certificate of previous spouse - original and four (4) photocopies
- Payment of fees (Note: Fees for affidavits are separate from the fee for Report of Marriage.)
- Self-addressed, self-stamped envelope from Posten Norway or printout of waybill from courier (if choosing to have the Report of Marriage mailed when available; for recommended envelopes and sizes from Posten Norway, please click here)
If applying by post, please send all of the above requirements (except your original passports - you may send only photocopies), including proof of payment of the required fees to the Embassy's bank account, to the Embassy's mailing address:
P.O. Box 1758 VIKA, N-0122 Oslo, Norway
Kindly enclose your contact details, such as your mobile number and/or email address, so that the Embassy can contact you for any updates or missing requirements.
The Embassy will forward one copy of the Report of Marriage to the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) in the Philippines. Another copy will be kept as part of the Embassy’s records and a third copy will be given to the applicant. You may retrieve your PSA-certified Report of Marriage three (3) to six (6) months after reporting the marriage at the Embassy.
Presentation of the official receipt issued by the Embassy is required if claiming your personal copy of the Report of Marriage in person at the Embassy.
Important Instructions in Filling Out the Report of Marriage Form
- For the field of Wife’s Last Name, please write the wife’s maiden Last Name (or her Last Name before the marriage)
- Please leave the Date of Registration and Registry Number fields blank. The Embassy will fill out this part.
- For all fields requiring dates, please use the dd-MMM-yyyy format (e.g. 23-FEB-2012, 1-NOV-1984).
- Please do not forget to affix by hand the signatures in the fields provided for Signature of Informants - Husband and Wife and the date and place of signature at the bottom of the form.
- If filling out the form by hand, please write legibly and please use BLOCK CAPITAL letters.