IMPORTANT: The Embassy is extending consular services by appointment only, until further notice. Walk-in applicants will not be entertained. Please click on our latest advisory here for more information on how to secure an appointment before visiting the Embassy.
Marriages abroad of Filipino citizens must be reported and duly registered. The Philippine Embassy registers marriages of Filipino citizens celebrated in Norway and Iceland.
If applying in person, an applicant may file a Report of Marriage and apply for passport renewal with change of surname to married name on the same day. Please refer to the requirements for passport renewal here.
All documents not in English must be accompanied by an English translation.
- Duly accomplished Report of Marriage Form - four (4) signed originals (Note: The form is now fillable. You may enter information as needed and then print out the form with the entries typed-in. Although you can save the blank form, the content cannot be saved if you are using Adobe Acrobat Reader. You need to print out the form after filling it in.) (If filing the Report of Marriage at a Philippine Honorary Consulate (and not at the Embassy), please have field no. 20 signed first by a notarius publicus.)
- Foreign marriage certificate of the applicants, Apostillized by a competent authority in the country of marriage - one (1) original and four (4) photocopies; original will be returned to applicants (Note: If the document is not in English, kindly have the document translated into English and have the translation notarized, before having it Apostillized.) The following authorities issue Apostilles:
- Norway - County Governor/Fylkesmannen: https://www.fylkesmannen.no/en/People-and-society/Apostille-stamps-for-documents/
- Iceland - Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Iceland: https://www.government.is/ministries/ministry-for-foreign-affairs/
- Passports of husband and wife - original and four (4) photocopies of each passport's data page (page showing photo and complete name)
- Birth certificates of husband and wife - original and four (4) photocopies each; original will be returned to applicant (for Filipino spouse, Birth Certificate must be issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)
- Affidavit of Delayed Registration of Marriage if the Report of Marriage is filed more than one (1) year after applicants' date of marriage - four (4) signed originals
- For divorced or annulled Filipino spouse, Marriage Certificate issued by the PSA with proper annotation - original and four (4) photocopies
- For divorced Filipino spouse who has no marriage record in the PSA, Divorce Decree/Certificate validated by the Regional Trial Court nearest the spouse’s place of residence in the Philippines - original and four (4) photocopies; original will be returned to applicant
- For widowed Filipino spouse, Death Certificate issued by PSA or the foreign death certificate of previous spouse and Marriage Certificate issued by PSA with the previous spouse - original and four (4) photocopies each; original will be returned to applicant
- For divorced foreign spouse, foreign divorce decree - original and four (4) photocopies; original will be returned to applicant
- For widowed foreign spouse, death certificate of previous spouse - original and four (4) photocopies; original will be returned to applicant
- Payment of fees (if applying in person, to be paid by applicant at the Embassy, in cash, Norwegian kroner only)
- Report of Marriage - NOK 225
- Affidavit - NOK 225 per document
- Expedite fee for same-day processing (only for those submitting requirements in person at the Embassy) - NOK 90
- Self-addressed, self-stamped envelope from Posten Norway or printout of airway bill from courier (if choosing to have the Report of Marriage mailed when available; for recommended envelopes and sizes from Posten Norway, please click here)
- The Consular Officer reserves the right to request additional documents from the applicant.
If applying by post, please send all of the above requirements (except your original passports - you may send only photocopies), including proof of payment of the required fees to the Embassy's bank account, to the Embassy's mailing address:
P.O. Box 1758 VIKA, N-0122 Oslo, Norway
Processing time for all contracts is three (3) working days upon receipt of complete documents and payment.
Presentation of the official receipt issued by the Embassy is required if claiming your document in person at the Embassy.
Kindly enclose your contact details, such as your mobile number and/or email address, so that the Embassy can contact you for any updates or missing requirements.
The Embassy will forward one copy of the Report of Marriage to the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) in the Philippines. Another copy will be kept as part of the Embassy’s records and a third copy will be given to the applicant. You may request your PSA-certified Report of Marriage directly from PSA three (3) to six (6) months after reporting the marriage at the Embassy - the Embassy does not issue PSA documents.
Presentation of the official receipt issued by the Embassy is required if claiming your personal copy of the Report of Marriage in person at the Embassy.
Important Instructions in Filling Out the Report of Marriage Form
- For the field of Wife’s Last Name, please write the wife’s maiden Last Name (or her Last Name before the marriage)
- Please leave the Date of Registration and Registry Number fields blank. The Embassy will fill out this part.
- For all fields requiring dates, please use the dd-MMM-yyyy format (e.g. 23-FEB-2012, 1-NOV-1984).
- Please do not forget to affix by hand the signatures in the fields provided for Signature of Informants - Husband and Wife and the date and place of signature at the bottom of the form.
- If filling out the form by hand, please write legibly and please use BLOCK CAPITAL letters.