IMPORTANT: The Embassy is extending consular services by appointment only, until further notice. Walk-in applicants will not be entertained. Please click on our latest advisory here for more information on how to secure an appointment before visiting the Embassy.
For Filipinos Contracting Marriage in Norway or Iceland
- Certificate of No Marriage Record (CENOMAR) obtained from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) in the Philippines and duly Apostillized by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) in Manila
- Birth Certificate (BC) in Security Paper (SECPA) issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) and duly Apostillized by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) in Manila
- Submit both documents to the Philippine Embassy in Oslo for issuance of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage (LCCM).
- Sworn Statement stating that he/she is single (if sending the documents by post, the Sworn Statement must be notarized by a local notary public and Apostillized by a competent authority in the issuing country)
- Payment of fees: NOK 225 for LCCM and NOK 225 for the Sworn Statement (payment for Sworn Statement only if applying in person at the Embassy)
If applying by post, please send all of the above requirements (except payment and your original passports - you may send only photocopies), to the following address:
P.O. Box 1758 VIKA
Applicants will receive instructions via email for payment via bank transfer after their requirements are received by the Embassy and are found to be complete - please include your contact details with your documents. All payments made to the Embassy are non-refundable.
For citizens of Norway or Iceland contracting marriage in the Philippines
- Birth Certificate or Extract from the Register of Birth or Extract from the Populations Register, as applicable, Apostillized by a competent authority in the issuing country
- Marriage License or Legal Capacity to Marry before a Foreign Authority or Certificate of No Impediment to Contract Marriage, as applicable, Apostillized by a competent authority in the issuing country
- Once Apostillized, the above documents will no longer need to be processed by our Embassy. They may be directly submitted to the city/municipal government in the Philippines where you intend to marry.
- Contact the city/municipal government in the Philippines where you intend to marry for further requirements.