IMPORTANT: The Embassy returns to an appointment system for consular services beginning 24 August 2020. Walk-in applicants will not be entertained from this date. Please click on the full advisory here for more information.
"Seaman" refers to any foreigner who, in good faith, has signed on the articles of a vessel arriving at a port of the Philippines from any place outside thereof, employed in any capacity on board such vessel, and seeking to enter the Philippines solely in pursuit of his calling as a seaman, with the intention of departing with the vessel or reshipping on other vessel that is bound for a foreign port or place or one coming to the Philippines to join a vessel in this country.
Requirements for Seafarer's Visa
For applicants applying in person
- Duly accomplished application form
- Passport - original and one (1) photocopy of data page (page showing photo and complete name). The passport must be valid at for least 6 months from return date (Note: only electronic passports and machine readable passports are accepted for visa applications. Non-machine readable passports (hand-scripted passports) will not be accepted. Philippine immigration authorities will not allow entry into the Philippines holding non-machine readable passports.)
- ID photo - one (1) colored 4.5 x 3.5 cm. photograph showing applicant in proper/decent attire, taken not earlier than six (6) months before applying for the visa, attached to the application. Blurred, scanned or low quality photos are not accepted.
- Airline ticket - copy of travel itinerary or prospective (not confirmed) flight details in the Philippines (including return or onward journey to the next port of destination).
- Letter from the shipping company bearing the name of the seaman and the details of the vessel to be boarded in the Philippines
- Payment of fees: NOK 180 (to be paid by applicant at the Embassy in person, in cash, Norwegian kroner only)
- Self-addressed, self-stamped envelope from Posten Norway or printout of waybill from courier (if choosing to have the passport with visa mailed when available; for recommended envelopes and sizes from Posten Norway, please click here)
If applying by post, please send all of the above requirements, including proof of payment of the required fees to the Embassy's bank account, to the Embassy's mailing address:
P.O. Box 1758 VIKA, N-0122 Oslo, Norway
Requirements for Crew List Visa
A crew list visa is issued for all foreign members of the crew of a foreign-registered vessel or aircraft bound for the Philippines. Personnel on the aircraft or vessel whose names are not included in the crew list visa or not possessing a valid individual Philippine entry visa will not be allowed to enter the Philippines.
In view of the COVID-19 pandemic, all applications for crew list visa should be done by email. Please send scanned copies of the following to email@example.com:
- Items 1 to 5 of seafarer's visa (see requirements above), for each seafarer
- Duly accomplished FA Form No. 61 (Excel format) with the e-signatures of the Agent/Representative in Part E and of the Captain/Master in Part F
- Payment of fees (to be paid via bank transfer; please include proof of deposit)
- Crew list visa of vessels (with crew members not more than 40) - NOK 900
- Crew list visa of vessels (from 41 to 100 crew members) - NOK 1,350
- Crew list visa of vessels (from 101 to 200 crew members) - NOK 1,800
- Crew list visa of vessels (in excess of 200 crew members) - NOK 2,250
The crew list visa will be affixed onto the accomplished FA Form No. 61. The Embassy will notify the applicant when the FA Form No. 61 will be available for pick-up at the Embassy. If you will have FA Form No. 61 with crew list visa mailed to you, please send the Embassy a self-addressed, self-stamped envelope from Posten Norway or email a printout of airway bill from courier (for recommended envelopes and sizes from Posten Norway, please click here)