Can I send my document to be authenticated to the Embassy by mail?

For documents to be acknowledged by the Embassy such as Special Power of Attorney (SPA), personal appearance before a consular officer at the Embassy is required.

Beginning 14 May 2019, only documents issued in Finland for use in the Philippines should be authenticated. In addition to sending your document (which should already have been authenticated by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland) and passport copy of the signatories, please include a self-addressed envelope that we will use to send you back the authenticated document. When depositing fees in our bank account, please also include the appropriate fee for return postage.

Documents from Norway, Iceland, or Sweden for use in the Philippines should instead be Apostillized; they will no longer need to be sent to our Embassy to be authenticated as Apostillized documents will be automatically recognized in the Philippines.