Can I use the copy of my Report of Marriage/Birth from the Embassy to apply for a Philippine passport, or do I need my Marriage/Birth Certificate from the PSA?

Yes, you may use the personal copy of your Report of Marriage/Birth for your passport application (for changing surname to husband's surname or for new passports) at our Embassy if the Report of Marriage/Birth was also filed at our Embassy and it was filed within one year before the passport application.