My child was born before I acquired my foreign citizenship, when I was still Filipino. Does my child have to apply for dual citizenship?

No. Your child is a dual citizen by birth, since at least one of his parents were Filipino at the time of his/her birth. In order for him/her to be issued a Philippine passport, he must have a Birth Certificate issued by the PSA, or a Report of Birth filed at a Philippine Embassy if born abroad.