REMINDER: Kindly note that on weekends and holidays during the election period (Satudays and Sundays, plus 18, 19, 22 April and 01 May 2019), the Embassy will be open for overseas voting ONLY. The Embassy will not provide consular services (passport, visa, civil registry, notarials/authentication, dual citizenship) on those days. Please be guided accordingly.
Further to our previous bulletins on conduct of the 2019 National Elections for Filipino voters in the Nordic region (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden), the Embassy wishes to inform all registered voters of the following:
- Voters are reminded that the election period is from 13 April to 13 May 2019. The Embassy will be open every day for overseas voting during this period, including weekends and holidays, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- The Embassy has now received all ballots from COMELEC. All ballots will be sent via ordinary post to voters, EXCEPT:
- Those who had informed the Embassy on or before 01 April 2019 that they will claim their ballot personally at the Embassy
- Those with registered addresses in Norway – Personal pick-up of ballots for those living in Norway may be done at the 4th floor of the Embassy from 15 to 23 April 2019, including weekends and holidays, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Please bring a copy of your valid Philippine passport or voter's ID. All unclaimed ballots will be mailed directly to voters after 23 April 2019.
- Each mail will contain instructions on how to accomplish the ballot and return it to the Embassy by post. Please follow the instructions so that your vote will not be invalidated. In signing your ballot envelope, your signature must be identical to the signature you used when you registered as an overseas voter.
- Filipino seafarers registered as overseas voters may vote by personally appearing at the 4th floor of the Embassy during the election period, including weekends and holidays, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and presenting their valid passport and seafarer’s ID.
- Accomplished ballots may also be personally submitted at the 4th floor of the Embassy during the election period, including weekends and holidays, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- In order to be counted, ballots must be received by the Embassy before Monday, 13 May 2019, 12:00 noon, Norway time (synchronized with the close of voting in the Philippines on 13 May 2019, 6:00 p.m., Philippine time).
- For those who have already acquired a foreign citizenship, please inform the Embassy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please monitor the Embassy website for further announcements about the 2019 National Elections.