The Philippine Embassy in Norway hereby announces that effective immediately, the following are exempted from the temporary suspension of visa issuance and may apply for temporary visitor’s visa to visit the Philippines:
- Foreign spouses of Filipino nationals;
- Foreign minor children, and foreign children with special needs regardless of age, of Filipino nationals; and
- Foreign parents of minor Filipino children, and of Filipino children with special needs regardless of age.
The exemption likewise covers former Filipinos, naturalized in other countries, who belong to said categories.
The abovementioned nationals may be allowed entry into the Philippines, provided that they secure or possess appropriate visas and comply with prevailing health and quarantine regulations.
Foreign spouses and children of Filipino citizens may no longer enter the Philippines without first securing visas. In addition to the standard requirements for a visa, foreign spouses, parents, and children should submit:
- proof of marriage or filiation with the Filipino national (original and 1 photocopy);
- documents showing the Philippine citizenship of the Filipino spouse or parent/child (i.e. copy of Filipino's Philippine passport or any Philippine government-issued ID).
The Consular Officer reserves the right to request additional documents from the applicant.
Foreigners mentioned above (Items 1 to 3), foreign nationals with long-term visas (COVID-19 Advisory No. 36), foreign seafarers and accredited Foreign Government and International Organization officials and their dependents (COVID-19 Advisory No. 35), may be allowed entry to the Philippines provided that they have valid and existing visas and comply with relevant health and quarantine regulations. (COVID-19 Advisory No. 25)
For the information and guidance of all.