The Philippine Embassy thanks the Filipino community for abiding by the emergency measures of the Philippine and Norwegian governments in order to combat the COVID-19 outbreak.
The Embassy commends our Kababayans who have responded or intend to respond positively to the call of Norwegian authorities for persons with background in healthcare to register and voluntarily assist in hospitals and COVID-19 testing centers.
In this regard, the Embassy would like to advise the Filipino volunteer health personnel to:
- coordinate with the appropriate municipal and health authorities, as indicated in the following websites:
- Oslo kommune: https://www.oslo.kommune.no/koronavirus/vi-soker-helsepersonell/
- Bergen kommune: https://www.bergen.kommune.no/hvaskjer/tema/koronavirus/rekruttering-og-frivillighet/helsepersonell/bergen-kommune-soker-ekstra-helsepersonell
- Norwegian Directorate of Health (Helsedirektoratet): https://www.nasjonalthelsepersonell.no/
- ensure that they have the appropriate Norwegian social and medical insurance in the performance of their volunteer work; and
- ensure that their volunteer work is consistent with the conditions relevant to their visa and immigration status in Norway.
The Embassy continues to encourage the Filipino community to abide by all rules and regulations aimed at halting the spread of COVID-19 in their respective countries and communities.