The Embassy recognizes Norway’
In view of the above, the Philippine Embassy is pleased to announce the resumption of essential consular services at the Embassy beginning 20 April 2020. The following guidelines will be in place:
- An ONLINE APPOINTMENT confirmed by the Embassy will be required for all those wishing to transact with the Embassy in person. Appointments will be scheduled between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. only, Mondays to Fridays except holidays.
- Only EMERGENCY CONSULAR SERVICES will be offered by appointment at the Embassy. These include only the following:
- Report of Death of a deceased Filipino in Norway, Finland, Iceland, or Sweden;
- Issuance of emergency travel document for Filipinos for one-way direct travel to the Philippines;
- Acknowledgment of employment contracts, only in emergency cases; and
- Claiming of new passports which are already available and only in emergency cases, such as for renewal of residence permit or for emergency travel.
To secure an appointment, please email your full name and requested service to helpdesk@
- The Embassy will NOT be open for passport application or visa issuance services. Due to the extension of the enhanced community quarantine in Metro Manila and the entire Luzon until 30 April 2020, passport production remains suspended until further notice. Likewise, the suspension of visa issuance and visa-free privileges for foreigners to enter the Philippines is still in effect until further notice.
- Processing and claiming of applications will both be done on the 5th floor of the Embassy building.
- The Embassy will continue to receive mailed-in applications for Report of Birth, Report of Marriage, and attestation of au pair contracts, but processing and return mailing of these applications will be delayed in view of reduced working hours of Embassy personnel. Please include your contact details with your application.
- Applicants who are notified through the Embassy’s website that their passports are ready for release, may mail their old passports for cancellation in order to claim their new passports by mail, but they should expect some delay in the mailing of their new passports by the Embassy in view of reduced working hours.
- For those with urgent need for passport renewal but have not yet applied for the same, or for those who have already applied, but whose new passports are still not available, the Embassy may extend, on a case to case basis, the validity of the current valid passport for one (1) year. Please email a copy of the expiring passport and proof of emergency with the subject line "EXTENSION OF PASSPORT VALIDITY" to firstname.lastname@example.org for evaluation.
- The Embassy may be reached at the following:
- Assistance to Nationals phone (for emergencies only) : +47 902 41 171
- Duty phone (for consular queries): +47 950 01 072
- Email: helpdesk@philembassy.
- Facebook page: “Philippine Embassy in Norway”
All consular services at the Embassy are still suspended until 19 April 2020.
Despite our partial resumption of services, we still advise those outside Norway to refrain from visiting the Embassy. The Norwegian Government has mandated that “all travellers arriving in Norway are to undergo quarantine for 14 days, regardless of whether or not they have symptoms.” Please refer to the following link for information related to travelling to Norway amidst the COVID-19 situation:(https://www.
The Embassy appreciates the continued cooperation of all in observing social distancing guidelines to stem the spread of COVID-19 in Norway. As such, we continue to advise against all non-essential travel, and encourage everyone to postpone visits to the Embassy unless absolutely necessary.
This announcement supersedes all previous announcements regarding the Embassy’s working hours and services. The above arrangements are subject to change without prior notice. Please be guided accordingly.
Thank you for your cooperation.