UPDATE: In observance of recommended hygiene practices, we strongly advise all applicants to wear face masks, and to bring their own pens, when visiting the Embassy. Thank you.
In view of Norway’s gradual easing of COVID-19-related restrictions, the Embassy wishes to provide the following update on the resumption of consular services at the Embassy beginning 20 April 2020:
- An ONLINE APPOINTMENT confirmed by the Embassy will be required for all applicants wishing to transact with the Embassy in person. Appointments will be scheduled between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. only, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays except holidays.
- The Embassy will receive and process the following applications by appointment:
- Passport (first-time and renewal applications);
- Civil registry (Report of Birth, Report of Marriage, Report of Death);
- Issuance of emergency travel document for Filipinos for one-way direct travel to the Philippines;
- Acknowledgment of Special Power of Attorney, employment contracts, and other documents; and
- Attestation of au pair contracts.
To secure an appointment, please email your full name and requested service to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “ONLINE APPOINTMENT” and attach scanned copies of the documentary requirements relevant to the service mentioned above that you wish to avail. Only those with complete requirements will be given a confirmed appointment. The Embassy will not entertain walk-in applicants who do not have a confirmed appointment.
- The Embassy will NOT be open for visa issuance services, as the suspension of visa issuance and visa-free privileges for foreigners to enter the Philippines is still in effect until further notice.
- All passport applicants are kindly advised to expect delays in the delivery of their new passports due to the extension of the enhanced community quarantine in Metro Manila and the entire Luzon until 30 April 2020, which has affected all passport production.
- In the spirit of social distancing and to minimize visits to the Embassy for applicants, all services except passport application will be processed on the same day. Applicants will need to pay the expedite fee of NOK 90 per transaction.
- The Embassy will also be open for releasing of new passports that are already available, from 12:00 noon to 2:00 p.m., Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays except holidays. Please email your full name to email@example.com with the subject “ONLINE APPOINTMENT – PASSPORT RELEASE”, and email a copy of your old passport and receipt. The Embassy will reply with a confirmed appointment for passport pick-up. The Embassy will not entertain persons who do not have a confirmed appointment.
- Processing and claiming of applications will both be done on the 5th floor of the Embassy building.
- The Embassy will continue to receive mailed-in applications for Report of Birth, Report of Marriage, and attestation of au pair contracts, but processing and return mailing of these applications will be delayed in view of reduced working hours of Embassy personnel. Please include your contact details with your application.
- Applicants may continue to mail their old passports for cancellation in order to claim their renewed passports, but they should expect some delay in the mailing of their new passports by the Embassy in view of reduced working hours.
- For those with urgent need for passport renewal but have not yet applied for the same, or for those who have already applied, but whose new passports are still not available, the Embassy may extend, on a case to case basis, the validity of the current valid passport for one (1) year. Please email a copy of the expiring passport and proof of emergency with the subject line "EXTENSION OF PASSPORT VALIDITY" to firstname.lastname@example.org for evaluation.
- The Embassy may be reached at the following
- Assistance to Nationals phone (for emergencies): +47 902 41 171
- Duty phone (for consular queries): +47 950 01 072
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook page: “Philippine Embassy in Norway”
We continue to advise those outside Norway to refrain from visiting the Embassy. The Norwegian Government has mandated that “all travellers arriving in Norway are to undergo quarantine for 14 days, regardless of whether they have symptoms.” Please refer to the following link for information related to travelling to Norway amidst the COVID-19 situation: (https://www.regjeringen.no/en/topics/foreign-affairs/reiseinformasjon/travel_coronavirus/id2691821/)
The Embassy appreciates the continued cooperation of all in observing social distancing guidelines to stem the spread of COVID-19 in Norway. As such, we continue to advise against all non-essential travel, and encourage everyone to postpone visits to the Embassy unless absolutely necessary.
This announcement supersedes all previous announcements regarding the Embassy’s working hours and services, particularly COVID-19 Public Advisory No. 20.