In recognition of Norway’s continued easing of COVID-19-related restrictions, the Philippine Embassy in Oslo, Norway provides the following update on consular services at the Embassy beginning 01 June 2020:
- The Embassy will now be open from Mondays to Fridays except holidays, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon, to receive applications. An ONLINE APPOINTMENT confirmed by the Embassy will still be required for all applicants wishing to transact with the Embassy in person.
- The Embassy will receive and process the following applications by appointment:
- Passport (first-time and renewal applications);
- Civil registry (Report of Birth, Report of Marriage, Report of Death);
- Issuance of emergency travel document for Filipinos for one-way direct travel to the Philippines;
- Acknowledgement of Special Power of Attorney, employment contracts, and other documents;
- Attestation of au pair contracts; and
- Philippine citizenship reacquisition/retention for dual citizenship (oath-taking on Wednesdays and Fridays only)
To secure an appointment, please email your full name and requested service to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “ONLINE APPOINTMENT” and attach scanned copies of the documentary requirements relevant to the service mentioned above that you wish to avail. Only those with complete requirements will be given a confirmed appointment. The Embassy will not entertain walk-in applicants who do not have a confirmed appointment.
- The Embassy will still NOT be open for visa issuance services, as the suspension of visa issuance and visa-free privileges for foreigners to enter the Philippines is still in effect until further notice.
- In the spirit of social distancing and to minimize visits to the Embassy for applicants, all services except passport application will be processed on the same day. Applicants will need to pay the expedite fee of NOK 90 per transaction.
- The Embassy will also be open for releasing of new passports that are already available, from Mondays to Fridays except holidays, 12:00 noon to 2:00 p.m. Please email your full name to email@example.com with the subject “ONLINE APPOINTMENT – PASSPORT RELEASE”, and email a copy of your old passport and receipt. The Embassy will reply with a confirmed appointment for passport pick-up. The Embassy will not entertain persons who do not have a confirmed appointment.
- Processing and claiming of applications will both be done on the 5th floor of the Embassy building. All clients are encouraged to observe the relevant hygiene protocols while at the Embassy premises, including wearing of face masks.
- The Embassy will continue to receive mailed-in applications for Report of Birth, Report of Marriage, and attestation of au pair contracts. Please include your contact details with your application.
- Applicants who have arranged for return postage or courier of their new passports may continue to mail their old passports for cancellation in order to claim their renewed passports.
- For those with urgent need for passport renewal but have not yet applied for the same, or for those who have already applied, but whose new passports are still not available, the Embassy may extend, on a case to case basis, the validity of the current valid passport for one (1) year. Please email a copy of the expiring passport and proof of emergency with the subject line "EXTENSION OF PASSPORT VALIDITY" to firstname.lastname@example.org for evaluation.
- The Embassy may be reached at the following
- Assistance to Nationals phone (for emergencies): +47 902 41 171
- Duty phone (for consular queries): +47 950 01 072
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook page: “Philippine Embassy in Norway”
- The Philippine Embassy in Oslo, Norway reiterates that it no longer has jurisdiction over Finland and Sweden, in view of the opening of the Philippine Embassy in Stockholm, Sweden. For those in need of consular services in Finland and Sweden, except passport services, please contact the Philippine Embassy in Stockholm directly at the following contact details.
We continue to advise those outside Norway to refrain from visiting the Embassy. The Norwegian Government has mandated that “all travellers arriving in Norway are to undergo quarantine for 10 days, regardless of whether they have symptoms.” Please refer to the following link for information related to travelling to Norway amidst the COVID-19 pandemic: (https://www.regjeringen.no/en/topics/foreign-affairs/reiseinformasjon/travel_coronavirus/id2691821/)
The Embassy appreciates the continued cooperation of all in observing social distancing guidelines to stem the spread of COVID-19 in Norway. As such, we continue to advise against all non-essential travel, and encourage everyone to postpone visits to the Embassy unless absolutely necessary.
This advisory supersedes all previous announcements regarding the Embassy’s working hours and services, particularly COVID-19 Public Advisory No. 23.