In view of the developing situation concerning the spread of novel coronavirus COVID-19 in Norway, the Embassy seeks the public’s cooperation in complying with the following guidelines when visiting the Embassy to avail of consular services:
- Individuals experiencing fever are strongly advised to postpone non-essential transactions with the Embassy and practice home quarantine.
- If you are experiencing fever along with other symptoms of COVID-19 and have been in an area with ongoing transmission of COVID-19 within the last 14 days, or have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for the virus during the last 14 days, the Norwegian Institute of Public Health (FHI) advises that you contact your local general practitioner, or the emergency out-of-hours clinic at 116 / 117. Areas with presumed ongoing transmission of COVID-19 are listed here: https://fhi.no/en/op/novel-coronavirus-facts-advice/facts-and-general-advice/Areas-with-presumed-ongoing-transmission/
- As much as possible, only clients with business to transact with the Embassy should enter the premises. Any companions will be kindly asked to wait outside the Embassy.
- Practice cough etiquette and good hand hygiene while at the Embassy. Hand sanitizers have been made available in public areas of the Embassy for use by all of the Embassy’s clients. FHI has not recommended the use of face masks for healthy persons as they may contribute to the spread of infection.
- Refer to the Norwegian Institute of Public Health for updated information and advice https://fhi.no/en/op/novel-coronavirus-facts-advice/facts-and-general-advice/advice-and-information-to-public/
We ask for the public’s understanding and bear with the above measures.