The Embassy hereby informs the public that Norway will begin implementing new restrictions for the entry of non-residents into Norway beginning 29 January 2021. The following foreign nationals, including Filipinos, will not be allowed to enter Norway from said date:
- Foreign nationals residing in the European Economic Area (EEA, i.e. the European Union plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and EEA nationals residing in third countries (unless covered by exemptions that also apply to third-country nationals);
- Family members apart from nuclear (immediate) families in which the children are minors, for both EEA nationals and others, meaning that grandparents, adult children, parents of adult children and romantic partners may no longer visit;
- Foreign nationals from countries outside the EEA (including the Philippines) who are granted a residence permit in connection with work or study, including as a seasonal worker or student;
- A foreign national who is to work with film or series production or as a researcher who is exempt from the requirement of a residence permit.
Exemptions may still be provided for the following:
- Foreign nationals who reside in Norway;
- Foreign nationals for whom special reasons indicate they should be granted the right to enter, such as specific care responsibilities for persons in Norway or other compelling welfare considerations;
- Foreign nationals who are to carry out agreed or formalized parent-child contact;
- Close family members of persons residing in Norway, i.e. spouses/registered partners/cohabitants, minor children or stepchildren, parents or stepparents of minor children or stepchildren;
- Journalists and other personnel on assignment for a foreign media institution;
- Foreign nationals who plan an airport stopover in Norway (both in international airport transit and within Schengen);
- Seafarers and aviation personnel;
- Foreign nationals who perform commercial transport of goods and passengers;
- Foreign nationals who work in critical public functions;
- Health personnel from Sweden and Finland who work in the Norwegian health and care services.
The full announcement from the Norwegian government may be viewed here.
For the information and guidance of all.