The Embassy hereby informs the public that starting 1 May 2021, the entry of Filipinos and foreign nationals to the Philippines shall be guided by the following:
Allowed to travel to the Philippines
1. Diplomats and members of International Organizations and their dependents, provided that they have valid 9(e) or 47(a2) visas,
2. Filipino dual citizens, provided that they have any of the following: valid Philippine passport, Identification Certificate (IC) as proof of recognition as a Filipino citizen, or a Certification of Retention/Reacquisition of Philippine citizenship under RA 9225,
3. Foreign nationals with valid and existing visas at the time of entry, including holders of valid 9(c) visa and valid long-term visas,
4. Foreign nationals allowed under the Balikbayan Program (RA 6788), provided they are nationals from non-visa required countries under EO 408:
- (a) Former Filipino citizens, together with their foreign spouses and children, regardless of age, who are traveling with them, and
- (b) Filipino citizens’ spouses and children, regardless of age, who are traveling with them.
5. Foreign nationals who are NOT traveling with the Filipino national mentioned in Item 4, but are joining the Filipino national in the Philippines, provided that they secure a valid 9 (a) visa with the Philippine Embassy, and an entry exemption document issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs, through the Philippine Embassy. In addition to the standard requirements for a visa, foreign spouses, parents, and children should submit the following to the Embassy:
- (a) Proof of marriage or filiation with the Filipino national (i.e. Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) Birth/Marriage Certificate with official PSA receipt or with DFA apostille, Report of Birth/Marriage copy certified by our Embassy, or foreign birth/marriage certificate in English and with Apostille) - original and 1 photocopy
- (b) Documents showing the Philippine citizenship of the Filipino spouse or parent/child (i.e., copy of Filipino's Philippine passport or any Philippine government-issued ID) - original (if available) and 1 photocopy
- (c) Documents that will establish that the Filipino spouses, parents and/or child/children are presently in the Philippines including a barangay certificate of residency, enrollment records, or employment records.
6. Foreign nationals who are holders of valid and existing Special Resident and Retirees Visa (SRRV), without the need for an entry exemption document issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs.
7. Foreign nationals who are holders of valid and existing Section 9 (a) visas, provided they present, upon arrival, an entry exemption document issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs.
Quarantine and Testing for all arriving international passengers
All Filipinos and foreign nationals entering the Philippines shall be guided by the testing and quarantine protocols as announced in COVID-19 Advisory No. 55.
This advisory supersedes all previous advisories by the Embassy on entry procedures for the Philippines, particularly COVID-19 Public Advisory No. 54. Any additional updates will be posted as soon as they become available.
Diversion of flights bound for Mactan-Cebu International Airport to Ninoy Aquino International Airport
In accordance to the Memoranda of the Executive Secretary dated 27 May 2021, all international flights bound for the Mactan-Cebu International Airport shall be diverted to the Ninoy Aquino International Airport effective 0001 H of 29 May 2021
until 2359H of 05 June 2021.
For the information and guidance of all.