UPDATE: This announcement has been superseded by COVID-19 Public Advisory No. 10, available at the following link: https://www.philembassy.no/newsroom/covid-19-public-advisory-no-10-update-on-suspension-of-non-essential-consular-services-at
The public is hereby informed that Norway has instituted emergency measures beginning 6.00 p.m. of Thursday, 12 March 2020 and ending 26 March 2020 to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Please refer to the following link for complete information: https://www.fhi.no/en/news/2020/norwegian-directorate-of-health-implements-the-following-today---from-6-p.m/
In compliance with these measures, and in line with the practice of social distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Embassy will implement the following adjustments to its consular services beginning Monday, 16 March 2020 until Thursday, 26 March 2020:
- The Embassy’s Consular Section will be open for BOTH processing of applications AND receiving of processed applications from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. ONLY, Mondays to Fridays except holidays.
- For walk-in clients, only emergency consular services will be offered at the Embassy. These include only the following:
- Report of Death of a deceased Filipino in Norway, Finland, Iceland, or Sweden;
- Issuance of emergency travel document for Filipinos for one-way direct travel to the Philippines; and
- Passport renewal for Filipinos whose passports are expired or will expire within 8 months, only if they have an urgent need for renewal (ex. necessary or emergency travels, renewal of residence permit). First-time passport applications, especially of minors and infants, will not be accepted.
- For the above services, a confirmed online appointment will be required. Please email email@example.com with the subject “ONLINE APPOINTMENT” and attach scanned copies of the documentary requirements relevant to your application. Appointments will be scheduled between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. ONLY, Mondays to Fridays except holidays.
- Processing of walk-in applications for other non-essential consular services are hereby suspended. The Embassy will not receive applications for visa, Report of Birth, Report of Marriage, dual citizenship, notarials and authentication, attestation of au pair contracts, and acknowledgement of employment contracts during the abovementioned period.
- The Embassy will continue to receive mailed-in applications for visa, Report of Birth, Report of Marriage, and attestation of au pair contracts, but processing will be delayed in view of reduced working hours of Embassy personnel. Please include your contact details with your application. Posten Norge has also announced that delays in its postal services should be expected in the coming days - please refer to their website: https://www.posten.no/en/
- Applicants may continue to mail their old passports for cancellation in order to claim their renewed passports, but they should expect some delay in the mailing of their new passports by the Embassy in view of reduced working hours. As mentioned above, Posten Norge has also announced delays in its postal services in the coming days.
- For inquiries, please call the Embassy at (+47) 224 00 900 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. ONLY. Inquiries may also be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and the Facebook page “Philippine Embassy in Norway”.
- In case of emergencies such as death or detention of a Filipino national, please contact the Embassy’s emergency Assistance to Nationals hotlines, +47 902 41 171 or +47 950 01 072.
The public is urged to postpone non-essential travel, both within Norway and abroad, and abide by the regulations set forth by the Norwegian government related to COVID-19.
This announcement supersedes all previous announcements regarding the Embassy’s working hours. Please be guided accordingly.